First, go to https://wallet.noku.io/
This is the homepage of the Noku Wallet:
You there? All right, let’s start.
1. Click on “Create a New Wallet”.
When you create a new wallet, you need to choose a wallet name, a password and an avatar:
- The wallet name replace the alphanumeric public address of your wallet. You know that the blockchain addresses are not really user friendly… Imagine you have 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 wallets: how do you discern one from another if they are just a string of alphanumeric characters? With the Noku Wallet you can distinguish different wallets in your workspace giving them different names, for instance “salary”, “work”, “games”;
- The password will be necessary to unlock your wallet, so choose an easy but strong one, and NEVER FORGET IT. Write it down on a piece of paper and/or save it on your device;
- Pick an avatar. You can choose your avatar from a limitless range, and not just be given a fixed one: so you can remember it far more easily. Isn’t that cool?
2. Once you’ve entered these information, click “Next”:
The following step is download the UTC /JSON file that contains your encrypted private and public key. DOWNLOAD THE FILE AND STORE IT IN A SAFE PLACE. Do not lose it, and do not share it, because if someone finds it and accesses your wallet, you will very (very, very) probably lose all your funds.
Ok, click on “I have downloaded it” and you will be taken to the next screen.
3. Now it’s time to save your private key:
You do know that if anyone finds out your private key, they can sign transactions with your ID and waste your whole reserve.
- Copy it on a .doc, .txt or similar and store it on your hardware or save it to a USB drive;
- Do not save the file on Dropbox or Google Drive! That’s not safe at all;
- Print your paper wallet and hide it in a safe place, a place that only you know.
After copying it, click on *drumroll* “I have copied it”.
4. Here we go! You have successfully created your Noku Wallet. Easy, isn’t it?
Now, you can unlock your wallet in two ways:
- Uploading the UTC / JSON
- Entering the private key.
Start managing your fund: you can send and receive amounts of tokens, check the history of your transactions, check your total balance, and many other functions!